Sri Pradyumna Bhajana Mandali, Mysore
Sri Pradyumna Bhajana Mandali, Mysore was although initiated in 2006 in Mysore, it was officially recognized by Dasa Sahithya Project of ThirumalaThirupathi in October 2009 (Register No. Srinivasa 1740) and by Dasa Bharathi of Nandavaram (Register No. 802) in September 2009.
The 29 members of this Bhajana Mandali include Mrs Vasanthi Acharya (President), Sumangala Acharya, (Secretary), K. Shantha (Treasurer), Sharada Ranganath, N. Kaveramma, K. Sarojini, S. V.Jyothsna, N. Premaleela, K. R. Padmavathi, K. R. Shashikala, H. Bharathi, B. Asharani, S. Vinutha Bhat, S. N. Susheelamma, N. Saraswathi Ballal, Sulochana Chandrashekar, M. Jayalakshmi, K. V. Malavika , K. Padmavathi Rao, Prema Shastri, N. Jayalakshamma, P. R. Shakunthala, G. Gayathri, V. Rajamma, Bhagrathi J Bhat, Venkatalakshmi, M. R. Padmini, Veena and Sathyavathi.
Routine activities: Our group regularly conducts Nama Sankeerthana (Bhajana) four days in a week lasting for about two and half hours each day ; the venue being Sri Krishna Dhama, Sahukara Channaiah Road, Saraswathipuram, Mysore- 9 (Monday and Wednesday) and at Udipi Sri Krishna Mandira, Narayana Sastri Road, Mysore (Thursday and Saturday). The President of the Mandali is fully devoted and well versed in more than thousand Devara Namas and slokas and has gifted with a melodious voice. Every Friday (10 am – 12 noon) is devoted for slokas on Sri Laxmi and other Godesses .Special three and half an hour programmes on every Ekadashi day.
Special activities: Our group very often receives invitations from various organizations within and outside Mysore city in which we participate and render programmes. Chief among these are as follows:
- Partcipation under the Haridasa Literature and Cultural Programme in Feb.14-16, 2009 at Mantralaya on the Kalyanotsava ceremony of God Sri Srinivasa and Sri Padmavathi.
- Hanumajjayanthi celebration at Palimar in April 7-9, 2009 at the invitation of Sri Vidyadeesha Swamiji of Sri Palimar Mutt, Udupi.
- Aradhana Mahotsava of Sri Sripada Swamiji of Mulabagilu in June 5-6, 2009 at Mulabagilu.
- Dasa Bharati Programme at Vasavi Nilaya in Mysore.
- Karigatta Metlothsava on May 17, 2009.
- Sri Brahmanya Theertha Swamiji Aradhana at Abbur on May 19-21, 2009.
- Sri Raghavendra Mutt at Nanjanagud- Dhaatri Homa performance.
- Akhila Bharatha Madwa Maha Mandala annual celebration at Sri Krishna Dhama, Mysore.
- Chaturmasa celebration of Sri Pejawar Swamiji and also Sri Palimar Swamiji at Sri Krishna Dhama, Mysore.
Our Bhajana Mandali on all the above occasions rendered Bhajana performances, which was appreciated by one and all.
Smt Vasanthi Acharya Ph: 9844474451
Smt Sumangala Acharya: Ph: 9448127800
Smt Sharada Ranganath: D. No. 325, Sharadhi, Behind Somani B. Ed. College,
T. K. Layout, Mysore- 570009. Ph; 0821-2545734, 9448760730, 9663162464.